Updated: Nov 4
Are you looking for a subscription wellness box to improve your mental or physical health? Here are nine of the best options.
Looking for the best way to pamper yourself or someone you love? A wellness box subscription could be the perfect solution. Whether you’re into yoga, jogging, or just general health and wellness, there’s bound to be a package that’s up your alley. Let’s see what’s out there!
Why Subscribe to a Wellness Box?
First things first. Out of all the things you could subscribe to, why choose a welcome box? Here are a few benefits:
1. They’re a gift that keeps on giving. When you give someone a subscription, they get multiple packages spread out over time. And if you’re buying one for yourself, you don’t have to make multiple purchases. Just pay for one subscription, and you’ll get a regular supply of wellness-related treats.
2. They introduce you to new concepts. If you’re like most people, you’re probably familiar with some wellness concepts. Maybe you’re into yoga or tai chi. Maybe you stick to a vegan diet or love essential oils. But there may be other concepts you’ve never tried or are completely unaware of. With a monthly or quarterly box, you’ll expose yourself to new ways of caring for yourself.
3. They help you to hold yourself accountable. Self-care can be a challenge! If you’re busy with work or kids, it’s tough to develop new, healthy habits. A subscription delivers wellness aids to your door, so you’re inspired to use them. Whether it’s a book of healthy recipes or a set of guided meditations, it will prompt you to take care of yourself.
4. They give you a starting place. Maybe self-care is something you’ve always kept on the back burner. In that case, a wellness box subscription can give you a valuable starting point. You can learn to create healthy habits, eat better, and pamper yourself. It’s like taking a class in Self-Care 101.
Choosing the Best Wellness Box
A quick search reveals dozens, maybe even hundreds of wellness subscription boxes. No matter what you’re looking for out of a box, chances are you can find it.
This should be obvious, but look at the type of box and read some reviews. Companies will say all kinds of things, but real subscribers will give you an honest opinion. If you’re not sure, see if the company offers a one-time order. You’ll pay an inflated price, but you’ll get a single subscription box that you can evaluate for yourself.
Another thing to consider is how frequently the box ships. Is it a monthly box? Quarterly? Something else? This isn’t just a matter of passing interest. Shipping generally costs extra, and can sometimes be a big part of the cost.
Finally, look at the cancellation process. Some wellness boxes make it difficult to cancel in an effort to keep subscribers.
9 Best Wellness Box Subscriptions
TheraBox is a monthly wellness box that you can order for 1, 3, 6, or 12 months. Each box comes with more than $120 worth of supplies, including face masks, body sprays, and similar self-care products. You’ll also receive mindfulness exercises, candles, and other gifts. And everything in the box is organic and all-natural.
Each box is curated by professional therapists, so you know you’re getting high-quality supplies. You can also cancel at any time, so you don’t have to worry about getting roped in for multiple subscription periods.
· More than $120 in value
· Curated by professional therapists
· Multiple subscription periods and easy cancellation
· Shipping outside the US costs an arm and a leg
greenUP is a subscription box that focuses on sustainability. All of their products are free of plastic and sustainably manufactured. The packaging uses as little plastic as possible, and the rest of it is biodegradable.
Each greenUP box contains between six and nine little goodies, with a total value of over $100. In addition to the standard subscription, you can also choose a vegan option, or a “began” box that’s vegan except for beeswax or honey products.
· More than $100 in value
· Green products with sustainable packaging
· Vegan and “began” options available.
· Only ships on a quarterly basis
Eating healthy* is one of the best things you can do for your health. Sunbasket can help you do just that. It’s a weekly service that sends you food for one to four people. The standard package includes dinners, but you can upgrade to add breakfasts, lunches, and snacks.
You can choose from multiple options, including low-sodium, vegetarian, paleo, diabetes-friendly, and several others. That said, the food is prepared in a shared facility. If you have food allergies* or Celiac disease, you should steer clear.
· Weekly meal deliveries
· Multiple options available
· Can add breakfasts, lunches, and snacks
· Not allergy- or Celiac-safe
The Camp Life is a quarterly subscription service geared towards outdoor enthusiasts. Each delivery is worth at least $60, and the offerings are seasonal. For example, a winter box might include a collapsible mug, wool socks, and similar supplies.
On the one hand, this is a great value. On the other hand, the shipping is a bit pricey, and you can only cancel by sending an email to customer service.
· Ideal for outdoor enthusiasts
· Seasonal gifts that are always relevant
· Can order a one-time package
· Expensive shipping
· Difficult to cancel
Running and jogging are some of the best activities for your health*. RunLocker is the perfect subscription box for runners, or for anyone who aspires to become one. The boxes include everything from recovery supplements to athletic gear and workout guides.
The monthly boxes are reasonably-priced, but a lot of the items are cheap. In the end analysis, the value is only so-so.
· Products are chosen by runners, for runners
· Multiple packages available
· Great choice for runners of all levels
· Value proposition is questionable
· Only ships to the US
Calmbox is a monthly subscription box that’s dedicated to mental health. Each box has its own individual theme. You might get one box dedicated to stress relief, and another with supplies for mindfulness*. The ultimate goal is to provide calmness and tranquility.
Each box contains between six and eight items, which can run the gamut from candles and music to food and meditation guides. The pricing is reasonable, and you can cancel whenever you want to. You can even skip individual months if you’re going out of town.
· High-quality items
· Unique monthly themes
· Can cancel at any time or skip months
· Shipping costs extra
The Black Girl Magic Box is themed around three central pillars: mind, body, and soul. Each box will focus on one pillar, and could include anything from essential oils and soaps to jewelry and head wraps.
Shipments are bi-monthly, and you can subscribe for 2, 4, 6, or 12 months. Subscriptions are pre-paid, but you can cancel at any time before your subscription renews. You can also order special one-time boxes for Mother’s Day and other special occasions.
· Created by and for black women
· Products come from local small businesses
· High-quality one-time boxes
· Pre-paid subscription package
· Shipping costs extra
Loti Wellness provides all-natural, cruelty-free products for your well-being. Their offerings include skin care products, soap, bath salts, essential oils, and candles. Each box ships with between five and seven items, along with monthly guides for self-care and personal confidence. You can even add extra items like intention cards and lip treatments.
This is a monthly box, and each month has its own theme. If you’re not ready to subscribe for the long-haul, you can choose a one-time box to get a taste for things.
· Multiple subscription options
· Can add extra products
· Can order a one-time box
· A bit pricey
The Mental Wealth Box is 100% geared towards your mental well-being. When you sign up, you can choose whether to gear your package towards anxiety or depression. Each month has its own theme, and includes everything from yoga exercises to meditation to herbal teas and candles.
Subscriptions auto-renew, but you can cancel at any time. And while shipping costs extra, it’s surprisingly fast.
· Can choose packages for anxiety or depression
· Great value proposition
· High-quality packaging
· Shipping costs extra
· Only ships to the US
As you can see, all of these wellness box subscriptions could be a good choice for the right recipient. That said, Therabox is the most well-rounded offering. If you’re looking for a subscription that covers all the bases, it’s tough to do much better.